Monday, February 14, 2011

Obama and Congress Must Go Now!

If you don't see a reason to throw Obama and the entire Congress out of office immediately, then read further. If this article is only half correct, we are headed for a major, unsolvable, catastrophe that could end all life as we know it today. This article should give the reasonable and logical person all the information needed to prove that we can not wait until the elections of 2012. It is time for the Producers of this country to engage in an Egyptian revolution, and make the Changes we need  now. Up until this time, it has always been the "poor" that has taken to the streets to scream and demand more FREE STUFF. The Non Producers have destroyed this country, and the Producers, like Sheep, have helped to elect this current group of morons, led by the most inept President ever. Unless action is taken immediately, this group of socialist, pandering to the Non Producers, will have  every citizen of this country so far in debt that they would vote for the Devil himself. It happened in Germany in the 1930's, and it will happen here. Now, when I say, "it happened in Germany in the 1930's", I want you to stop watching moronic TV shows, and take time to read about history that is less than 100 years old. READ: The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, by William Shirer.  
Lord Howard Hurts

Dangers of Curly Fluorescent Light Bulbs

  1. This light bulb can be hazardous to your health.
    This light bulb can be hazardous to your health.
    Fluorescent light bulbs, with their distinctive curly shape, save energy and reduce pollution. However, each fluorescent light bulb contains about 5 milligrams of mercury. Though the amount is tiny, 5 milligrams of mercury is enough to contaminate 6,000 gallons of drinking water, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). As long as the mercury is contained in the bulbs, it does not cause a problem, but these bulbs present several dangers if they are not cleaned up and disposed of properly.
  2. Health Dangers

  3. If a curly fluorescent light bulb should break, mercury may be released, leading to certain health dangers for those who are exposed to it. Low level mercury exposure (under 5 milligrams) can cause tremors, mood shifts, sleeplessness, muscle fatigue, and headaches. High level or extended length exposure can lead to learning disabilities, altered personality, deafness, loss of memory, chromosomal damage, and nerve, brain, and kidney damage, as stated by the EPA. There is a particular risk to the nervous systems of unborn babies and young children.
  4. Environmental Dangers

  5. The EPA claims that in this country alone, more than a billion curly light bulbs are thrown in the garbage every year. At some point these bulbs get broken. The mercury from these broken bulbs finds its way into the air, water, and soil. Mercury can seep into the water system or float through the air to land on surface waters, thereby contaminating the fish we eat and the water we drink. Scientists at Lenntec explain that many agricultural fertilizers contain mercury that is absorbed by the fruits and vegetable we eat. The food and water fed to farm animals also can be contaminated and then eaten by people.
  6. Dangers to Animals

  7. Farm animals and wildlife are affected by mercury, too. Mercury that finds its way into water sources can affect fish and other animals that drink the water. Studies performed by Lenntec show mercury exposure is linked to reproductive failure and DNA alterations in animals, as well as damage to kidneys, stomach, and intestines.
  8. Bulb Clean Up and Disposal

  9. To avoid many of the dangers caused by curly fluorescent light bulbs, it is important to dispose of the bulbs properly. Many states offer recycling programs for in-tact bulbs. Contact your local government or waste management company for more information. Should a fluorescent light bulb break, the EPA recommends that you open a window and leave the room for at least fifteen minutes. Turn off your central heating or air conditioning system. Do not use a broom or vacuum to clean up the spill, as this may release more mercury drops into the air. Carefully pick up the broken glass pieces and place them in a glass jar with a metal lid or in a sealed plastic bag. Use sticky tape to pick up very small fragments. Place these items in the jar or bag and seal it carefully. Contact your local government for specific guidelines on how to dispose of these clean-up materials.

Do the research yourself. Read about mercury and its damaging effects on life. Then take action to stop the use of these bulbs.

Lord Howard Hurts

No comments:

Post a Comment