Monday, July 2, 2012

He died with both Quality and Dignity

Being a former  British subject I have spent many hours studying the history of the United States of America (I am presently an American citizen). What amazes me is the lack of knowledge, by the average American citizen, about the 4th of July. If one looks to the writings of one of the nations founders, John Adams, it will be found that he wrote a letter to his wife, Abigail, the following:


 "The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."


 And from the beginning Independence Day was celebrated on July 4. But historians have concluded, with certainty, even in the face of written notations from Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin, that the document was signed on July 4,  that the Declaration of Independence was actually signed on August 2, 1776. But regardless of the actual date, I began, yesterday, to think about all the Freedoms that this document has bestrode on the citizens of this great nation. 


Don't Tread On Me! Suddenly, reality hit me like a viper bite on the leg.  Balls-Up! My mind defaulted towards ObamaCare and the current political situation that haunts this great Republic at present. Balls-up is a typical British expression that I am sure sounds vulgar to most Americans, but it aptly describes America today. Balls-Up is an International sign for a ship out of control, and is recognized by 2 black balls hoisted above the masthead. 


I only wish that our American press, and the TV media persons, would cover our elections as honestly as they are reported in Mexico: “Mexico (July 1, 2012) had an exemplary election day,” said top election official, Leonardo Valdes................. adding that voting had proceeded “normally” despite reports of violence, cheating and polling irregularities". I am so elated that the Mexican illegal's coming to America already have the Democratic voting skills (the Chicago method) that has made America so corrupt. Thank you, Obama for not deporting over 1 million illegal's just this past week. Thank you, King Obama. 


It has been reported that 95% of all new drugs are developed for sale in the U.S., and that ObamaCare will slow or even stop all new drug development. Gee, I think we have now found a sound reality for implementing ObamaCare. I have a feeling that all these "new drugs" just might be more of a money making scheme for drug companies rather than a positive key to good, quality, health.  Don't we have enough drooling, mindless, old, fools in nursing homes already? Isn't it a fact that the medical community is about the fastest growing sector in the American economy? Does preventing death at any cost seem a reasonable way to fuel and economy? How is anyone going to have any "savings" if they have to pay inordinate sums of earned money to see that everyone in America "lives" to be 120 years old, regardless of their quality of  life? Where are the "old people" with saved cash going to come from to fuel medicine in the future? There has to be a cap on medical costs, or all our money will shift from creating wealth to having no money because of the taxes needed to keep old fools breathing and in nursing homes. Health care is not an easy issue to solve, but it is a fact that everyone on Earth today will die at some time. Maybe it is time to rediscover this FACT and let people die with DIGNITY. 


Isn't reality a kick in at arse? As my thoughts "wander" into other Freedoms that our great document of Independence gives us, and the number of Freedom this lawless Obama Administration has taken away..........I look at the huge, old, Oak tree in the front yard. And I begin to think that if I only knew how to tie a hangman's noose, I would end it all. But then suddenly, I remember that even though Heaven is my Home......I just am not homesick. 


On September 22, 1776, Nathan Hale, a captain in the American Rangers group was hanged. He truly gave his all to our country. Before he died, he said these words, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." He died with both Quality and Dignity. 
Lord Howard Hurts  

No comments:

Post a Comment